As the year winds down, I am feeling grateful to everyone in our AustinUP online community for your interest and enthusiasm. But today, I will kindly request a little more of you. I am asking for your financial support of our work to shape the future of aging in Austin. Now is the time. Your tax-deductible contribution to this movement is critical.
Looking back on 2016, I am proud to say that AustinUP has made great strides and accomplishments:
- Helped create and promote the Age-friendly Austin Action Plan– and worked with the Mayor and City Council to get it adopted
- Hosted the first-ever 55+ in ATX Job & Volunteer Fair
- Helped create and expand a network of Austin technology innovators, resources and investors working in the aging space
- Served as fiscal agent and “incubator” for the newly formed Austin LGBT Coalition on Aging
- Connected with local universities, researchers and students to promote research related to aging
- Hosted community focus groups on a range of topics, including “What Makes a Business Age-friendly?” and “What Makes a Neighborhood Age-friendly?”