The pandemic is changing everything – and the new economy is stepping up with creative ideas, inventive solutions and lots of job opportunities. Have you updated your résumé to reflect your latest achievements? Remote work assignments? You just might get a call from a recruiter, or have a friend suggest the perfect new job. But it’s not about type faces and formatting. In this clinic, we’ll take a deep look at Branding, Headlines, Competencies and Achievement Statements. We’ll create new ones and help you sharpen up the ones you have. Better content means better response. You will have recruiters calling YOU!
In this Résumé Clinic, you’ll learn:
- How to customize your résumé for the job you want
- How to position your background as “perfect” for the job you are seeking
- How to catch the eye of the recruiter
- How to pack your résumé with measurable achievements
Whether you have been furloughed or just watching for the next opportunity, be sure to attend this session. Through anonymous Chat Box questions, we will cover the special issues of each class member.
Class attendees can request a copy of the entire slide deck. Each participant is also eligible for a free, 30-minute Career Strategy Session by telephone.
Interested in attending this online event? Please register on this Eventbrite page.
About the Speaker:
Catherine Jewell is known as the Career Passion® Coach and is a certified Professional Career Manager (PCM). She is the author of three books on career changing, including New Résumé, New Career, the only résumé book featuring 50 real career change stories. Her specialty is helping salaried professionals increase their incomes 30-50% with each job move.
- This is a free AustinUP event.
- All registered participants will be emailed the Zoom login info. You can use your computer, tablet or phone to access. Important: This event will be password-protected to ensure your online safety.
- You might want to create a free Zoom account before the meeting (you will not need to purchase anything). Learn more about how to join Zoom meetings from this quick video tutorial.
- Log on about a minute or so before the session begins to get your bearings.
- Calling in without video is an option.
- If you have questions about Zoom or need help with set-up, we’re here for you! Simply send an email to us at [email protected] and let us know how to follow up with you.