AustinUP Position Opening: Program Director – Part-time Position Posting Closes: April 17, 2015
AustinUP is a new community alliance committed to making Central Texas a place where older adults can live full, engaged lives. We work to prioritize the unmet needs of the Central Texas aging population, tap the talents of older adults to improve our community, and embrace creativity in the pursuit of an age-friendly culture.
AustinUP works across business, public and nonprofit sectors to:
- advocate for policy that supports our citizens at every age;
- engage older adults in civic life through social and educational programming;
- coordinate across sectors to address big issues for older adults and their familiesOur vision is to make Central Texas a place that supports each of us, at every age. Please visit our website at: www.austinup.org for further information.
AustinUP is a new organization that is seeking a part-time Program Director to design and coordinate programming, build membership, and manage day-to-day operations. The Director will develop strategy, and have primary responsibility for managing the organization’s marketing, fundraising, communications and member engagement. This position is an excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking to work part-time in a flexible environment. The Director will work closely with Leadership Austin to develop joint programming for older adults. The position will report to the AustinUP Board of Directors and the Leadership Austin CEO. The position will be housed in the Leadership Austin offices.
- – Develop annual work plan to detail annual goals and programming.
- – Execute a marketing strategy that increases awareness around older adult interests
- – Develop and continually revise organizations’ policies
- – Develop meaningful partnerships with organization’s that share vision
- – Develop organization’s budget
- – Create and carry out surveys of older adults’ interests to share with decision and policy-makers.
- – Develop a variety of programming that engages older adults in civic life. This includes facilitated discussions, speaker events, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- – Write grants for both operations and to coordinate larger issues that require several partners.
- – Build business and individual memberships. Create special opportunities for members.
- – Maintain a strong and credible reputation for the organization.Skills and Qualifications:
- – Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver
- – 5+ years experience in organizational management with demonstrated success meeting or exceeding goals
- – Ability to develop a marketing strategy to reach older adult communities and/or businesses
- – Ability to prioritize while being pulled in different directions
- – Ability to remain flexible and work with changing priorities
- – Superior communication skills and an ability to adapt to a wide variety of audiences
- – Strong analytical skills
- – Comfortable with being responsible for and accountable to internal and external stakeholders
- – Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment
- – Proficiency with word documents, basic spreadsheet tools, database software
- – Proficient with social media
- – High level of maturity and positive attitude
- – Strong references requiredRespect, patience, and tolerance for all people are strong organizational values.Compensation:
- $3000/month for 20-25 hours per week. Flexible schedule.