- Do I have to change my résumé to hide or mask the length of my career?
- What can I say in a résumé/cover letter to convey both experience and willingness to learn/adapt to a new work environment?
- The job application asks for my previous salary. If the new position pays less than this amount, am I automatically disqualified? How should I navigate the salary issue during the interview?
- What is the best response when an employer says this during the interview: “We don’t normally hire people with your level of experience for this position.”
- What am I communicating (verbally or nonverbally) during the job interview that may be working against me?
About the Speaker:
Gary O’Neal, founder and CEO of HireFactors, is a recruiting and hiring consultant. He has trained and led high-performance recruiting teams that have made well over 10,000 hires. He has seen the inside story of how recruiting and hiring happens inside over 300 companies from Fortune 100 companies to boutique startups. Gary’s industry background includes software, IT, eCommerce, banking, public, semiconductor, engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and environmental companies. His experience spans all levels including C-level executives, senior management, technical leadership, high-performance professionals as well as support staff and laborers.
Interested in attending? Please register on this Eventbrite page.
- This is a free AustinUP event.
- All registered participants will be emailed the Zoom login info. You can use your computer, tablet or phone to access. Important: This event will be password-protected to ensure your online safety.
- You might want to create a free Zoom account before the meeting (you will not need to purchase anything). Learn more about how to join Zoom meetings from this quick video tutorial.
- Log on about a minute or so before the session begins to get your bearings.
- Calling in without video is an option.
- If you have questions about Zoom or need help with set-up, we’re here for you! Simply send an email to us at email@example.com and let us know how to follow up with you.