Most of us have a rather disjointed career history. A series of jobs that often don’t seem to fit a clear pattern. Assuming other people will be able to make sense of your past is simply too much to expect. It’s up to you to align your past with your future and craft your compelling career story. Your career story first appears in your résumé. Then in your LinkedIn profile. Next, in your cover letter, how you introduce yourself, and in every interview.
“Craft Your Compelling Career Story,” a FREE session presented by Gary O’Neal, will help you:
- Align your work history with your career path going forward
- Create connections so others say “oh, that makes sense”
- Demonstrate how your past leads to your present and future
- Craft a Professional Summary that paints a picture in others’ minds
Interested in attending? Please register on this Eventbrite page.
About the Speaker: Gary O’Neal is a recruiting and hiring consultant. He has trained and led high-performance recruiting teams that have made well over 10,000 hires. He has seen the inside story of how recruiting and hiring happens inside over 300 companies from Fortune 100 companies to boutique startups. Gary’s industry background includes software, IT, eCommerce, banking, public, semiconductor, engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and environmental companies. His experience spans all levels including C-level executives, senior management, technical leadership, high-performance professionals as well as support staff and laborers.
- This is a free AustinUP event.
- All registered participants will be emailed the Zoom login info. You can use your computer, tablet or phone to access. Important: This event will be password-protected to ensure your online safety.
- You might want to create a free Zoom account before the meeting (you will not need to purchase anything). Learn more about how to join Zoom meetings from this quick video tutorial.
- Log on about a minute or so before the session begins to get your bearings.
- Calling in without video is an option.
- If you have questions about Zoom or need help with set-up, we’re here for you! Simply send an email to us at [email protected] and let us know how to follow up with you.