AustinUP is hosting a series of free expos in 2017 to match available job opportunities with workers who are 55 and older. Events will take place from 10 a.m. to noon on various dates and at various locations:
|Location||Date||RSVP to Attend||RSVP to Exhibit|
|Affinity at Wells Branch||March 28||goo.gl/KqHofC||goo.gl/0263kb|
|Élan Southpark Meadows||April 20||goo.gl/sscxbW||goo.gl/08YMue|
|Wildflower Terrace||June 13||goo.gl/V4ar1S||goo.gl/1rVUix|
|Lake Travis Independent Living||July 20||goo.gl/kdZRJt||goo.gl/Le5ljr|
|Dell Jewish Community Center||September 6||goo.gl/JEDf3w||goo.gl/SRVOmx|
|Sonesta Hotel||October 23||goo.gl/PiQwd3||goo.gl/mmSI2V|
|Atria at the Arboretum||November 9||goo.gl/vMBxni||goo.gl/AwIjS8|
Exhibitors will include employers looking for talented full- and part-time workers or contractors. Attendees will include older adults eager to talk to potential employers, as well as knowledgeable speakers who will give presentations during the event.
Past speakers and presentations:
- Chip Sampson, National Business Development Director, Allied Consultants Inc.
Align Your Résumé With Your Ideal Job
- Antoinette Griffin, Owner, Griff Development
Interviewing With Confidence
- Mo Oduwole, Recruiting Department, Peak Performers
Résumé Do’s and Don’ts
- Candace Carver, Community Outreach Coordinator, Dress for Success Austin
Dress for Success
- Kathy Lansford, Founder and President of the Launch Pad Job Club
“Geezer Bias”: How to Overcome Age Discrimination During an Interview
- Craig Foster, Founder and Executive Director of the Job Seekers Network
LinkedIn: How to Find Jobs and Be Found
- SCORE volunteers Laura Fowler and Jim Grimsley
Boomers Starting a Business
- Marc Miller, Founder of Career Pivot
Social Disruption – How the Job Search has Changed
- Lynne Milburn, Career Counselor and former director of UT’s Career Center
Back to Your Future: Accessing Your Right Brain to Help You Create a More Meaningful Career
- To help us plan, we would like to hear about your job-related needs. Please take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Thanks in advance for your help!
- Sponsorship packages are available. For more information, please contact AustinUP Board Member Cyndi Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-423-6782.
- Attendance is free, but please RSVP to let us know you’re coming. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Teresa Ferguson at email@example.com or 512-963-3191.